Licensing Forms & Applications

Licensing & Permits

Payment must be received prior to review. Due dates for applications vary and may be listed the City Code of Ordinances. 

City of Glendale - License Fees

  • Class "A" Fermented Malt Beverages - Retail Sales/Consumption Off Premises: $100.00* **
  • "Class A" Intoxicating Liquor - Retail Sales/Consumption Off Premises: $500.00*  **
  • Class "B" Fermented Malt Beverages - Retail Sales/Consumption On Premises: $100.00* **
  • "Class B" Intoxicating Liquor - Retail Sales/Consumption On Premises: $500.00* **
  • "Class C" Wine - Retail Consumption On Premises: $100.00* **
  • Temporary Class "B/"Class B" Retailer's License: $10.00*
  • Operator (Bartender) License: $75.00 for two-year license; $37.50 in second year of license cycle*
  • Arcade License: $250.00*
  • Arcade Operator License: $30.00*
  • Cigarette License: $100.00
  • Coin Machine Permit: $30.00 for each Food/Cigarette/Soda machine; $35.00 for each Amusement machine
  • Dance Hall License: $150.00*
  • Escort License: $250.00
  • Pawnbrokers, Secondhand Article & Secondhand Jewelry Dealer License: $200.00*
  • Street Use Permit: $50.00; the use of street shall not exceed 8 hours and shall re-open no later than 10:00 p.m. This application requires a petition signed by not less than seventy-five percent (75%) of the residences along that portion of the street designated for the proposed use, and must be submitted at least ten (10) days prior to the event.
  • Transient Merchant & Solicitor Permit: $500.00, plus $50.00 per Salesperson fee*
  • Used Vehicle Dealer's and User Parts License: $500*

*$15.00 Background Investigation Report Fee assessed for each person named on application.
**$25.00 Publication Fee

Most licenses shall have a term of one (1) year commencing on July 1, and expiring on June 30 of each year. If granted subsequent to July 1 in any given year, license shall expire on June 30 after issuance.

Operator (Bartender) Licenses shall expire on the thirtieth (30th) day of June in each even-numbered year.

The Transient Merchant & Solicitor Permit term is from January 1 to December 31 of each year; if granted subsequent to January 1 in any given year, the Permit shall expire on December 31 after issuance.

Once the paperwork has been completed and filed with the City Clerk's Office, approval of the license may be needed from the Common Council before an applicant can begin to operate. For more information on whether the license you are applying for will require approval from the Common Council, please contact the City Clerk at 414-228-1700.