Printable Fence Submittal Guide
1.Completed Permit Application
Residential Fence Permit Application
Commercial Fence Permit Application
- No fence, other than decorative or split rail type is allowed in front yard area.
- No permit needed if the proposed fence is 3.5 feet or less. (Fence height measured from ground.)
- How tall can the residential fence be?
Rear yard = 6 feet
Side yard = 6 feet
Front = 3.5 feet.
2. Site Plan Illustrating:
- Existing structures
- Proposed location of fence and note height and approximate length
- Driveway, patio, walkway, etc. Plat of Survey is preferred, a scaled drawing may also be acceptable. Note: setbacks if the fence is not going to be placed on the property line.
Please be aware that no back-to-back fencing is allowed.
3. Photo or illustration showing fence style:
- Provide drawing or photograph of the proposed fence style and its support structure.
- Also, please note the fence type or style and materials.
- The support structure must face your property (i.e. the "good" side must face towards your neighbors).
4. Notification to all abutting property owners of the proposed fence:
- Signed Fence Waiver
- OR Planning Department will notify all neighboring property owners that share a common property boundary with you, of your fence intentions.
- Minimum two (2) week waiting period.
5. Permit Fee:
- The residential permit fee is $105.
- Commercial fence permit is $190.
- Please make checks payable to the City of Glendale.